Exhibiting at the Library
Library Exhibit Venues
The primary exhibit venue in the Library is the Salz-Pollak Atrium Gallery located in Pollak Library North, Room 101.
There are additional spaces that can be made available to display smaller exhibits.
Applying for Gallery Use
Interested parties may contact the Exhibit Program Committee for further information at (657) 278-2990 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See the current call for proposals and guidelines below.
Call for Library Exhibit Proposals
The annual call for exhibit proposals is an open submission process for artists and curators to present and produce curated exhibitions in collaboration with Pollak Library. Four proposals will be selected for summer/fall 2016 and winter/spring 2017 in the Salz-Pollak Atrium Gallery on the first floor. Additional proposals may be selected for exhibition in smaller venues throughout the library. Participation is open to campus and community artists, curators, faculty, staff, and students. A link to the current application and guidelines can be found below.
Submitted proposals are reviewed by the Pollak Library Exhibit Program Committee, composed of faculty and staff from Cal State Fullerton. Proposals are evaluated on feasibility, relevance, educational component, and merit. The program prioritizes collaborative proposals (for example, with students, the library and its collections, other CSUF departments/colleges/units/divisions, community members/groups). Completed proposals should be sent to: email@example.com.
Building Renovation Impacts
Current and upcoming building renovations could impact some venues within the library, and we may have to reschedule awarded exhibits at the curator's convenience. At this point, we do not anticipate any immediate impacts to display areas; however, we wanted everyone to be aware of the possibility.
- Deadline for Submission: November 15, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Selected Curator/Artist Notified: December 20, 2015
Successful exhibit proposals will include the following:
- Application - (Adobe PDF) 2016-17
- Attachment A - List of Contacts (included in application)
- Attachment B - Proposed Exhibition Budget (provided by applicant)
- Attachment C - Exhibit layout/floorplan (see below for gallery layout)
The following are provided to each applicant for additional guidance:
- Exhibit Case Inventory (.docx)
- Gallery Floorplan (Attachment C)
- Gallery Use Guidelines (Curators must read and comply with all guidelines)
- Personnel Resources List (.xslx)