Proxy Borrowers for Faculty, Staff, and Disabled Persons
As an accommodation for the special needs of certain users, faculty, staff, and disabled borrowers may designate proxy borrowers to perform library transactions on their behalf. Proxy borrowers will be issued a special TitanCard that authorizes them to check out library materials, to pick up interlibrary loans, and to access the primary borrower's circulation record. The authorizing borrower will be responsible for all transactions conducted by the proxy, including any fines or fees that may be incurred.
To authorize a proxy borrower, please fill out this proxy form and bring it to the Circulation Desk (1st floor, Library South). You may also contact the Circulation Desk in person, by e-mail, in writing, or by phone and provide the following information.
- Your name
- Your CWID
- Name of the authorized proxy
The proxy's information will be added to the primary borrower's circulation record. The proxy will receive a TitanCard that must be used for all transactions. A confirmation e-mail will also be sent to the authorizing borrower's address of record.
A qualifying borrower may authorize up to four persons as proxies per semester. Proxy-borrowing privileges will expire at the end of each semester, if not reauthorized.
Use of proxy-borrowing privileges indicates agreement to the foregoing terms.
RELATED QUESTIONS API..?
- How do I establish borrowing privileges at the Pollak Library?
- How do I check out books, government documents, and other circulating materials?
- How many books can I check out?
- How do I renew my books?
- Can I check items out from the University Archives & Special Collections?
- How do I pay my library fines?
- How do I dispute fines or other library charges?
- How do I see what materials I have checked out?
- How do I find an item that is missing from the shelf?
- How do I access my circulation record on the new website?