Librarians at the Pollak Library teach more than 500 course-integrated library instruction sessions per year. They are available to instruct your students on how to find and evaluate resources for class assignments and research papers. Lessons are tailored to meet the needs of each class. Classes typically range from 50 to 90 minutes. Please fill out the Library Instruction Request Form to book your session.
Suggestions for Planning an Effective Instruction Session
- Plan the session to coincide with the research assignment
- Provide the students with assignment and discuss it before the library session
- Share the assignment and sample paper topics with your librarian before the session
Instruction sessions are typically held in one of the library instruction rooms. The room number will be sent to faculty once the session is booked. Arrangements for alternative locations can often be made.
If you have an online class, the following options may be available:
- Customized research guide
- Online lesson/tutorial
- Live instruction session via Adobe Connect, Skype, or Zoom
Contact your subject librarian to discuss these options.
For interactive tutorials, see our Spark Tutorials in TITANium. Earn badges for learning about Pollak Library and library research. Complete all four tutorials to earn the Pollak Library Orientation badge!
Faculty may request library instruction sessions for specific Cal State Fullerton courses. Please allow at least two weeks in advance of your preferred date. To find out if library instruction is appropriate for your course, see the Library Instruction at the Pollak Library page.
This form is intended for Faculty use ONLY.
Students may request a personal research consultation with a librarian via our online request form.
- Library Instruction Rooms
- Research Consultations (available online and in-person)
- Research Assistance
- Reference Desk