MLIS, San Jose State University
B.A., History, California State University, Fullerton
Certificate in Genealogical Research, Boston University
Library & University Work
California State University, Fullerton
As Marketing Librarian, I coordinate and facilitate marketing, public relations, and communications for the Pollak Library. This includes overseeing the library's visual identity, web presence, content strategy, and social media, as well as developing marketing plans. I also supervise a team of graphic design and communications student assistants who do professional level High Impact Practice (HIPs) creative work for the library.
From May 2009 to 2016, I served as the Systems Librarian before transitioning full-time over to Marketing. This included working as the the lead administrator and designer for our OU Campus-run website, our Wordpress blogging platform, and our LibGuides and LibAnswers systems. I also provided general Library Systems support and training, and served as the project manager for a comprehensive 2010-2013 library website redesign.
I regularly teach and present on web content strategy, social media strategy, emerging technology tools and topics, digital history tools, and genealogy.
I have served and continue to serve on many campus web technologies and communications committees.
San Jose State University
As a part-time Instructor, I teach a three-unit oline graduate-level genealogy seminar for the School of Information, focusing on dual tracks: U.S. genealogy and genealogy librarianship. The course focuses heavily on scholarly genealogy and methodology, based on the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).
- American Library Association
- Library and Information Technology Association
- Orange County (California) Heritage Coordinating Council
- Digital Humanities SoCal Network
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Southern California Genealogical Society
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of Hispanic America (also the Southern California Chapter)
- New Mexico Genealogical Society
- Utah Genealogical Society
- Texas State Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of North Orange County California
- Association of Independent Information Professionals
- Communications Director, Texas State Genealogical Society.
- Web & Social Media Coordinator for the Genealogical Society of North Orange County California.
- Marketing Chair, 2016 Texas State Genealogical Society Conference.
Digital marketing, online communities, e-learning, digital history, California history, American Southwest history, and genealogy (with specializations in Mexican and Hispanic genealogy, genetic genealogy, and methodology).